A Savory Brunch Bowl
Updated: Feb 22, 2021
It’s the weekend, we’re at home, and all we want is to lay back and eat some good food. Let me help you out. Make yourself this delicious, savory brunch bowl and then grab the remote and put on a good sitcom. You are going to be ~ at peace ~. So let me show you how to make it.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
This recipe is dairy free and vegetarian.
1. 1 piece of sourdough
2. ½ avocado
3. ½ tomato
4. 2 eggs (less or more is fine)
5. Tuscan kale
6. Pumpkin seeds
7. Extra virgin olive oil
8. *@traderjoes extra virgin olive oil with garlic
10. Black pepper, lemon pepper, red pepper flakes
11. ½ lemon
1. First, grab a bowl.
2. Next, toast one slice of sourdough.
3. While it’s toasting grab 1-2 handfuls of kale and put it in the bowl. Massage with olive oil, dash of salt, and 1/2 lemon.
4. Now, grab a medium sized frying pan.
5. Have 3-4 round slices of tomato cut. Drizzle in 1 TBSP of olive oil into the pan on medium-high heat.
6. Add the tomatoes in. Season with salt and black pepper to your liking. Sauté for about 3-5 minutes and keep flipping the tomato slices to ensure they cook evenly.
7. Once they are flimsy and lightly browned add them with the kale.
8. In the same pan, add in 1 TBSP of olive oil again and crack in two eggs. Cook on medium heat. Keep them apart from each other. Season with salt and black pepper to your liking.
9. Move them a bit so they don’t stick to the pan. Now, cover the pan. Let the eggs simmer for 3-5 minutes max. They should be crispy at the bottom and slightly cooked at the top. 10. Take them out and add to the bowl.
11. Grab your slice of toast and add ½ an avocado to it. Add a pinch of salt, lemon pepper, and red pepper flakes. Add ½ TSP of pumpkin seeds.
12. Your bowl is done, enjoy!
*if you have the @traderjoes extra virgin olive oil with garlic I highly recommend doing a light drizzle on top of the bowl. It’s chefs kiss. .