This is a very simple spaghetti recipe, but also a delightful one. Not everything you make needs to be complex and over-spiced. Find beauty in the delicate flavors of fresh herbs and tomatoes - those alone can add so much to a dish. This is my Aleppo Pepper Veggie Spaghetti.
You know those times you come home from work and don't want a heavy meal? Or those times where you don't feel great and need a light meal? This is the meal you're going to make for yourself. It is a veggie packed pasta, but it is also light and refreshing. The tanginess of the Aleppo pepper, Sungold tomatoes, and kale make this an enjoyable and fufilling dinner.
You can pair this with a protein like white fish or chicken as well! You're only getting less than 7g of protein so it would be a good idea to pair it with a lean protein.
You're going to need spaghetti, kale, Sungold tomatoes, parmesan, basil, and Aleppo pepper. So let's get cooking!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
This recipe is vegetarian.
1. ½ box of Barilla spaghetti
2. 1 TSP or more of Aleppo pepper
3. Handful of chopped kale, stems removed
4. 12-15 Sungold tomatoes
5. 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
6. Extra virgin olive oil
8. Garnish of grated parmesan
9. Garnish of fresh basil
1. First, have a pot of water boiling on the stove. Once the water boils add the spaghetti. Make sure you have salted the water.
2. While you're waiting for the spaghetti to cook, have the kale and tomatoes ready. Grab a large frying and drizzle in 2 TBSPs of olive oil. Add in the fresh garlic.
3. Once you can smell the garlic, add in the tomatoes. Allow them to cook until they burst. Have them cooking on low heat.
4. Once they've burst, add in the kale and sauté well. Season with Aleppo pepper to your liking (1 TSP or more) and salt to taste. Mix seasonings in well.
5. Once the kale has wilted and the tomatoes have soften, add in the drained spaghetti. You may want to add in a splash of spaghetti water into the pan.
6. Stir the spaghetti in well and taste for more Aleppo pepper or salt. Add if necessary. Add parmesan to your liking and stir it in well.
7. Grab a serving bowl and add in the spaghetti. Garnish with flaky salt and fresh basil.