Apple & Banana Crisp Oats
Updated: Feb 22, 2021
This oatmeal is for that cold, rainy or snowy, Sunday morning where you want to bundle up and drink hot cocoa. For your next cold day indoors, do me a favor and make this oatmeal. It's not only heartwarming, but it's nourishing as well. You won’t regret it.
Yield: 1 bowl
Prep time: 8 minutes
Total time: 18-20 minutes
This recipe is dairy free, gluten free, vegetarian, and vegan.
1. 1 cup of @traderjoes oats (GF optional)
2. ½ cup of almond milk
3. 1 chopped Macintosh apple
4. 1 chopped banana
5. @oatbutterbrand maple cinnamon oat butter
6. @thrivemarket coconut oil
7. Nutmeg & cinnamon
8. Brown sugar (optional)
Replacement suggestion: Feel free to use any kind of apple. Macintosh tastes the best when sautéed in my opinion, but any apple works! If you don't have the oatbutterbrand oat butter, please feel free to use almond butter.
1. First, grab a bowl and add 1 cup of oats and 1/2 cup of almond milk.
2. In the same bowl add in a dash of cinnamon and mix well. Microwave for 2 minutes and leave to the side.
3. Next, chop up 1 banana into coins and 1 apple into small pieces.
4. Grab a small frying pan and add in 1 TBSP of coconut oil. Let it simmer for 1 minute and then add in the banana and apple pieces.
5. Sauté well and sprinkle on nutmeg and cinnamon to your liking and then add 1 TSP of brown sugar.
6. Sauté until golden brown and add on top of the oats. Lastly, grab your @oatbutterbrand oat butter and scoop out 1 TBSP of it and warm it up in the microwave for 30 seconds.
7. Then add it to the top of your oats and voila! A super warm & crispy oat bowl.