I keep telling myself I’m not a baker because I don’t enjoy it as much as cooking, but when I DO bake... these bad boys happen. I highly recommend making them to pair with a morning earl grey tea, black tea or a night time chamomile! Let’s get to the recipe.
Prep time: 25 minutes
Total time: 45 minutes
This recipe is dairy free and vegetarian.
1. 1 ½ cup of all purpose flour
2. 1 1/2 cup of oats (GF optional)
3. 1 ½ TSP of baking powder
4. A pinch of salt
5. ½ cup of almond milk
6. 1 cup of crushed walnuts
7. 2 eggs
9. 2 TBSPs of maple syrup
10. 3 finely peeled and chopped Macintosh apples
11. 3 TSPS of vanilla extract
12. 3 TBSPS of brown sugar
13. 1 TBSP of coconut oil
1. First, preheat the oven to 350. You will want to bake on the bottom of the oven not the top.
2. Grab a 5 by 7 pan and spray down with baking spray. Set aside.
3. Now, grab 2 bowls. One for the dry ingredients and one for the wet ingredients.
4. In the dry ingredient bowl add: the flour, the oats, the baking powder, salt, and brown sugar.
5. In the wet ingredients bowl crack two eggs and whisk. Pour onto the dry bowl and mix while doing so.
6. Now add the milk and 2 TSPS of vanilla extract and mix very well.
7. Next, grab a pot and add 1 TBSP of coconut oil. Add in your peeled and chopped apples and mix in 2 TBSPS of maple syrup and 2-3 TBSPS of cinnamon. Mix well and allow apples to soften on medium heat. Once they are done mix in with the mix you made.
8. In the pan you have evenly spread the mix you made.
9. Sprinkle on ½ cup of oats on top and add your crushed walnuts.
10. Drizzle a bit of maple syrup for taste.
11. Bake for 15- 20 minutes.
12. Once they are done you can drizzle some maple syrup if you’d like.