In all honesty - I had a cold slice of this flatbread this morning when I made it yesterday and it was STILL that good.
This is my Apple Pecan Goat Cheese Flatbread that is going to a hit at your house this fall.
The crunch of the pecan and naan, the warmth of the hot honey, the creaminess of the goat cheese, and the sweetness of the apple pair so well together in one bite.
You can make this for yourself one night and pair it with more protein or chop it up and serve for a group of people (just make sure you make 5 of these because people are going to wipe them out). It takes 5 minutes to prep so you can't go wrong!
But Jasmin, how is this a nutritious flatbread? Believe it or not this flatbread is filled with the carbs and healthy fats your body needs. Goat cheese is a great source of probiotics (live bacteria that support your gut microbiome), calcium (key for strong bones and vitamin D absorption), and healthy fats (important for a healthy heart and brain). Don't listen to anyone who says cheese can't be healthy - it's just about the quality and quantity.
Let me stop talking so you can go to the grocery store to pick up the naan, arugula, pecans, goat cheese, apples, and Mike's hot honey.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
This recipe is vegetarian.
1. 1 StoneFire Naan (plain)
3. ½ gala apple or mutsu apple (you want a sweet apple), sliced thinly
4. 6-7 pecans chopped in halves
5. Goat cheese, crumbled
6. Mike's hot honey
7. Extra virgin olive oilCut
8. Salt and/or maldon salt
1. First, preheat your oven to 375.
2. Next, grab a baking pan and place 1 naan onto it.
3. Top with arugula and allow an inch of room around the edges.
4. Drizzle on extra virgin olive oil and salt to coat the flatbread. Add the slices of apple on top. (If you prefer this- you can add the goat cheese onto the flatbread now to have it warmed up and creamier. Otherwise you're just going to add it once the flatbread is done baking.)
5. Bake in the oven until the edges of the flatbread are golden brown as shown in the picture to the right.
6. While it's baking have your pecans & goat cheese prepared and your honey next to you.
7. Let's put it all together: gently take your flatbread out. Add the pecan halves, the goat cheese (add as much as you'd like), drizzle on the honey, and salt!