Autumn Inspired Salad
Not to be dramatic, but I would give it all for this salad. This Autumn Inspired Salad is made of fresh, locally grown Macintosh apples, locally sourced herb garlic goat cheese, cinnamon & nutmeg seasoned carrots and sweet potato, and crunchy pecans. All of the flavors that I mixed in this salad belong with each other as much as PB & J do. Not only is it delicious, but you have everything you need in one meal: fruit, protein, carbs, fats, and happiness. Give this salad a try for yourself or triple the amount if you'd like to have people over. Let me show you how to make it!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
This recipe is gluten free and vegetarian.
1. Chopped kale
2. ½ macintosh apple
3. 2 mini sweet potatoes (or ½ large sweet potato)
4. ¼ cup of pecans, chopped
5. 1-2 carrots (depends on size)
6. 1/4 cup or so of tri color quinoa
7. Herb garlic goat cheese (or regular is fine)
8. 1 lemon
9. Extra virgin olive oil
10. Dijon mustard
12. Cinnamon and nutmeg
13. Lemon pepper seasoning
14. Garnish with fresh parsley
15. Hemp seeds
1. First, preheat the oven to 375.
2. Next, grab 2-3 handfuls of already chopped kale and add it to a bowl. Massage the kale with salt, olive oil, and ½ lemon. Keep massaging until you cannot hear the crunch anymore.
3. Now, grab your carrots, sweet potato, and apple.
4. Chop your carrots into rondelle (coin shape).
5. Julienne your sweet potato (chop into matchsticks).
6. Chop ½ apple into thin slices.
7. Chop your pecans in halves.
8. Grab your carrots and sweet potato now and put them into a baking pan. Drizzle on olive oil.
9. Season with salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg to your liking. Mix well.
10. Bake for 15 minutes.
11. As they're baking, make sure your quinoa has been cooked.
12. Once they're done, we're going to put it all together. On top of the kale, add the quinoa, the slices of apples, the sweet potato, the carrots, and the pecans. Add your desired amount of goat cheese.
13. Top with 1 TSP hemp seeds and finely chopped fresh parsley.
14. Add lemon pepper seasoning to taste.