Back to Basics - How to Make Spinach Not Taste Like Grass
Updated: Sep 12
I feel like so many people pass up spinach because it's just a plain, leafy green. When in reality, a good sautéed spinach can make an excellent side veggie dish that can be made under 5 minutes. It's a great source of vitamin A, calcium, and iron. Whenever I'm in a rush, this is my go to next to a piece of protein and carbs. Everyone should know how to make a good, sautéed spinach and I'm here to help.
All you need is a box of spinach, extra virgin olive oil, fresh garlic, salt, red pepper flakes, and lemon. You'll never look at spinach the same after this recipe. Let's get to it.
Prep time: 1 minute
Total time: 5 minutes
This recipe is dairy free, gluten free, vegetarian, and vegan.
1: 1 box of spinach
2. Extra virgin olive oil
3. 1 clove of fresh garlic, minced
4. Salt and pinch of red pepper flakes
5. ½ lemon
1. Grab a medium sized frying pan, and drizzle in 2 TBSPs of olive oil. You want the pan to be coated well. Add in the minced garlic and salt to your liking.
2. Once you can smell the garlic, add in the spinach and stir.
3. You want the spinach to wilt completely but not burn. It doesn't need more than 4 minutes on the stove. Have the stove on medium-high heat.
4. Add a pinch of red pepper flakes (optional if you don't like spice). Stir one more time and turn the heat off.