Back to Basics - How to Season and Bake Chicken Breast
Updated: Sep 13
Today, I am going to guide you guys through how to season and bake chicken breast! This is for your everyday chicken dinner. Nothing special but it’s simple and delicious, which is all you need! Let’s get to it.
How to Season and Bake Chicken Breast:
*This seasoning is for 2 pieces of chicken
1. The day you want to eat the chicken breast, make sure it’s defrosted. It’s key to freeze your meat and not let it sit in the fridge. So, grab the chicken breast, put it in a bowl of cold water and let it defrost. (It should either be in the package still or in ziplock bags)
I suggest doing this in the morning so it has time to thaw.
2. Now, once they are defrosted take them out of the package and brine them. Place them in a bowl with cold water, add distilled white vinegar, a dash of salt, and ½ squeezed lemon. Let it sit for 10-20 minutes.
3. Rinse it out and grab a cutting board.
4. You want to cut off any of the fat that is on the chicken.
5. Place the chicken into ziplock bags and grab a meat pounder.
6. Beat the chicken well so it flattens out. This allows the chicken to cook at a thinner, even rate and tenderizes them. The taste will be much better.
7. Take them out and put them in the same bowl you had them in before. Make sure your top oven is preheated to 400.
8. Now we are going to season: squeeze on ½ lemon, 3 minced garlic cloves, 1-2 TBSPs of extra virgin olive oil, your desired amount of salt, 1/2 TSP black pepper, ½ TBSP of paprika, ½ TBSP of onion powder, and a couple dashes of red pepper. Mix the seasoning into the chicken well.
9. Allow them to marinate in the fridge for at least 15 minutes. Longer if possible, but not necessary.
10. Place them onto a baking pan, salt for taste, and bake them in the oven for at least 20 minutes.
11. It will be done when the center is perfectly white and tender.
12. Take them out, taste test for any salt and black pepper.
13. Garnish with fresh parsley and enjoy with any other side dishes!