Baked Eggplant And Shredded Chicken Salad
Updated: Sep 13
You know how versatile cauliflower is? Well in my world, eggplant is my cauliflower. It can be incorporated in so many ways and one of them is in salads. Let’s get to this delicious, Arab-inspired recipe shall we?
Yields: 1 salad
Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 1 hour
This recipe is dairy free and gluten free.
1. 1 eggplant
2. 1 radish
3. ¼ cup of cooked chickpeas
4. ½- 1 cooked chicken breast
5. 1 tomato
6. 2 handfuls of arugula
7. 2 TBSPs of fresh chopped parsley
8. Extra virgin olive oil
9. 1 garlic clove
10. Salt, black pepper, dried mint, sumac
11. 1 lemon
1. First, preheat your oven to 400.
2. Grab an eggplant and wash well.
3. Place it on one of your baking oven racks and place a pan underneath it. If any of the liquid falls it will fall into the pan.
4. As you’re waiting, finely dice the tomato, parsley, radish, arugula, and mince the garlic.
5. Once the eggplant is done, gently peel off the skin. Chop up the inner part of the eggplant into smaller pieces and add into a salad bowl. Drizzle on ½ lemon, olive oil, sprinkle on salt, black pepper, and add the minced garlic. Mix well.
6. Now, add your chopped tomato, radish, arugula, parsley in the same bowl.
7. Add the 1/4 cup of cooked chickpeas.
8. Next, shred one cooked chicken breast and add to the bowl.
9. Now for the dressing: in a small bowl add ½ lemon, 2 TBSPs of olive oil, ½ TSP of sumac, ½ TSP of dried mint, salt and black pepper to your liking. Mix and drizzle onto salad.
10. Mix well and enjoy!