This baked eggplant appetizer may just be something I'm going to have to constantly make myself as a snack because it is incredibly flavorful and SO easy to make! I had my friends over for an Arab-inspired dinner last weekend and this plate was gone in less than 10 minutes. It looks so elegant yet it only took me 20 minutes to make. So, let me show you how to make it for yourself or to impress your friends and family. Did I mention it's dairy free, gluten free, AND vegan?
Prep time: 5 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
This recipe is dairy free, gluten free, vegetarian, and vegan.
1. 1 eggplant
2. Pomegranate seeds
3. Fresh cilantro to garnish
4. 1 TBSP minced garlic
5. Extra virgin olive oil
6. Kosher salt
7. Freshly ground black pepper
1. First, preheat your bottom oven to 400.
2. Next, grab an eggplant and slice them vertically so they look like the slices in the picture above. You're going to end up with 5-6 pieces.
3. Place them on a baking pan. Drizzle on extra virgin olive oil generously, add the minced garlic over each slice, and salt well. Make sure each side is coated evenly.
4. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
5. While they are baking, have your pomegranate seeds ready and fresh cilantro finely diced to garnish after.
6. Take them out of the oven and gently place them onto a serving dish.
7. Sprinkle on the pomegranate seeds and garnish with fresh cilantro.
8. Add salt and black pepper to taste, and drizzle on 1 TSP of extra virgin olive oil.