I think carrots are the cutest vegetable to serve, especially the rainbow ones. Imagine you’re having your family over for dinner or need to impress a new person in your life, but you don’t know what side dish to make. This is where my Balsamic Roasted Rainbow Carrots come into play.
The balsamic glaze mixed with the carrots and the basil are such a delightful combo that can be enjoyed any time of the year. These carrots can be served with an entree and side salad, and will make eating vegetables so enjoyable.
Dairy free, gluten free, and vegan so this Back to Basics post is perfect for anyone! I’m going to continue to prove to you that vegetables can be delicious & be simple to season! Let’s get to this recipe!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes (carrots take more time to bake than most veggies)
This recipe is dairy free, gluten free, vegetarian, and vegan.
1. 1 bag of multi-colored carrots
2. Balsamic glaze
3. Extra Virgin olive oil
4. 1 TSP salt (less or more to your liking)
5. 1/4 TSP lemon pepper (less or more to your liking)
6. 2 fresh cloves of garlic, minced
7. Fresh basil to garnish, chiffonade
8. Maldon salt (optional for garnish)
1. First, grab your carrots and rinse thoroughly. Have the oven preheating on bake at 375.
2. Then, chop the tops off and an inch or so off the bottoms of the carrots.
3. Peel the carrots.
4. Chop the carrots vertically into halves.
5. Now, grab a baking sheet and place the carrots on evenly in a single layer.
6. Drizzle on olive oil to coat the carrots. Season with minced garlic, salt, and lemon pepper. Mix well.
7. Bake in the oven until the carrots are completely roasted and cooked through.
You can poke with a fork to test.
8. Grab a serving plate. Drizzle on balsamic glaze onto the plate in a decorative manner. (You can draw zig zags)
9. Add the roasted carrots onto the plate. Drizzle on more balsamic glaze to your liking.