On the day of Thanksgiving I wanted to make my family a small appetizer to hold them off until dinner for a bit, and these hors d'oeuvres were to die for! They are mini beet chips that I made myself and you are going to be so shocked at how simple it is to make them! It was such an easy recipe and yet jam packed full of flavor. Let's waste no time and get to this recipe!
Yields: 4 people
Prep time: (If beets have been already cooked & peeled) 10 minutes
Total time: 50 minutes
This recipe is dairy free, gluten free, vegetarian, and vegan.
1. 2 cooked & peeled beets
4. Hummus (I used my recipe that is up on my blog)
6. Extra virgin olive oil
Replacement suggestion: Feel free to use store bought hummus if you're in a rush.
1. First, preheat the oven to 400.
2. While it’s warming up, slice your beets into rounds. Add them onto a large baking pan.
3. Drizzle on olive oil and salt and bake them until they are crispy.
4. Make sure to flip them over half way. When they are done, put them on a plate and start layering. Arugula, hummus, walnut.
5. Cool them in the fridge for 10 minutes and serve!