Well, you know what time of the year it is. It's football season, baby and it's time to whip out your cooking skills to make this delicious Black Bean Dip. The key to making this fantastic Black Bean Dip is topping it with a spicy, Zhoug sauce. If you guys remember my latest salmon recipe, I incorporated the sauce into the recipe. Zhoug sauce is a spicy, cilantro-based sauce that is originally from Yemen. It's used in Middle Eastern cuisine, and adds a kick flavor to anything! So you can imagine the spicy cilantro flavor mixed in with the black beans and bell peppers here. So choose your favorite tortilla chips to dip with and start cooking!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
This recipe is dairy free, gluten free, vegetarian, and vegan.
1. 2 cans of cooked & washed black beans
2. ½ green bell pepper
3. 1 beefsteak tomato or 2 small plum tomatoes
4. Fresh cilantro
1. 6 cloves of garlic
2. 1 cup of chopped cilantro
3. ½ cup of chopped parsley
4. Juice of 1 lemon
5. Two chopped Serrano peppers
6. ¼ cup of olive oil
7. 1/8th TSP ground cardamom
8. 1/8th TSP cumin
9. 1/8th TSP ground coriander
10. Salt to taste
1. First, let's make the zhoug sauce. Place all of the ingredients into a food processor or blender. Puree. Pour it into a bowl and allow it to cool in the fridge.
2. Now, grab your black beans. Make sure they have been soaked and cleaned well.
3. Grab a serving bowl and add the black beans in.
4. Add your finely diced green bell pepper and tomato into the serving bowl.
5. Next, add in ¼ cup of finely chopped cilantro into the serving bowl.
6. Mix well.
7. Now, grab the zhoug sauce and pour your desired amount onto the black bean dip. I used about ½ or more of the zhoug sauce I prepared.
8. Mix very well and taste to see if the bean dip needs salt. Add if needed.
9. Enjoy with tortilla chips! My go to are the Siete Lime Tortilla Chips as pictured.