You guys fan-girled over this breakfast wrap and I am here to deliver the goods! This is my Black Bean & Sweet Potato Breakfast Wrap that I’ve enjoyed both vegan and with scrambled eggs! So this recipe is perfect for anyone.
It‘s the perfect breakfast to make for yourself while you’re running around getting ready for school or work. Why? Because once you put the sweet potato and black beans in the oven you can go get dressed and wait on them to finish baking. Then wrapping it up will only take 5 minutes!
You’re going to need a tortilla wrap, avocado, black beans, sweet potato, spinach, eggs, and hot sauce for an extra kick of flavor. This is such a heart warming breakfast and an overall great source of dietary fiber from both the black beans and sweet potato. So, if you’ve been having indigestion, make this wrap your friend.
Let me show you how to make it!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes (to allow the sweet potato and black beans to bake)
This recipe is dairy free and potentially vegan!
1. 1 can of black beans, drained & washed thoroughly
2. 1 sweet potato, chopped into cubes
3. 1 large tortilla wrap of choice
4. ½ avocado
5. Handful of spinach
6. 2 eggs (optional if vegan)
7. Extra virgin olive oil
8. Salt, garlic powder, chili lime seasoning
9. Hot sauce optional
1. First, preheat your oven to 375.
2. While you’re waiting for the oven to preheat, prepare your sweet potato and black beans. Place them on a baking sheet, spread evenly.
3. Coat them with olive oil. Season the sweet potato only with your desired amount of salt, garlic powder, and chili lime seasoning. Mix well. Bake in the oven.
4. Once the black beans and sweet potato are close to being done, you can scramble your eggs if you choose to have them. Grab a frying pan and place it onto the stove top.
5. Drizzle in 1 TBSP of olive oil on medium-high heat. Once the olive oil simmers, crack in two eggS. use a spatula to scramble the eggs to your liking. Salt to taste. Once they are done, set them on the side.
6. Let’s put everything together.
7. Grab your tortilla wrap and spread on ½ the avocado. Season with a dash of chili lime. Top with spinach. Add 3 spoonfuls of black beans and 2 spoonfuls of sweet potato cubes. Save the rest for later to make more wraps. Top with the scrambled eggs. Add hot sauce if you’d like.
8. Gently wrap the tortilla. Use the same pan to warm the tortilla up on both sides.