Not going to lie, if I could have buffalo chicken everyday I would. I used @primalkitchenfoods Buffalo Sauce with Avocado Oil to make this incredible salad and if you’re ever in the mood for buffalo chicken and want a healthier way to eat it, this is the meal for you. Let’s get to it.
Prep time: 30 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
- If you don't have chicken breast cooked already, it will take 30 minutes or so to properly cook. Otherwise, this salad took me 15 minutes to make.
6. ¼ yellow bell pepper (red, orange, green works too)
8. ½ cucumber
9. Hemp seeds
10. Extra virgin olive oil
12. Black pepper, onion powder
13. Dijon mustard
14. ½ lemon
15. ¼ cup of cooked quinoa
Replacement suggestion: Feel free to use regular buffalo sauce for this recipe!
1. First, add your 1-2 handfuls of arugula to a bowl.
2. Next, finely dice your carrot, celery, bell pepper, green onion, and cucumber. Add to the bowl.
3. Now in a separate bowl, add some shredded chicken and add as much Buffalo sauce as you want. Sprinkle on ¼ TSP of onion powder. Mix well. Add to the salad.
4. Add the quinoa.
5. Now for the dressing: in a separate bowl, add ½ TSP of Dijon mustard and dilute it with a splash of water. Mix well. Add 1 TBSP of olive oil, ½ lemon, a dash of salt and black pepper for taste and mix well.