If you've never tried spaghetti squash, this may be the way you need to try it then. Spaghetti squash is known to be a winter vegetable, but I personally like to enjoy it any time of the year. It's a great way to get your source of vitamin B6, vitamin C, and dietary fiber in a very low calorie way! People tend to use it as a substitute for pasta, but there are so many ways you can enjoy it, like making this delicious buffalo chicken stuffed recipe! So, if you're a big fan of buffalo sauce like me, keep reading! You're going to love this one.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Total time: 1 hour
This recipe is dairy free and gluten free.
1 spaghetti squash
2 chicken breasts
¼ white onion
Buffalo sauce (I used @primalkitchen buffalo sauce)
2 TBSPS of Mayo (I Used @primalkitchen mayo made with avocado oil)
Freshly ground black pepper, garlic powder
Extra virgin olive oil
Garnish with freshly chopped parsley
1. First, preheat your oven to 400.
2. Next, grab your spaghetti squash and with a fork make holes vertically all around the spaghetti squash so when you cut it it’s easier to chop up.
3. Put it in the microwave for 6 minutes. It could be less time if your microwave is powerful.
4. Take it out, and GENTLY, with a knife, cut around the holes you made so you can open up the squash.
5. You’ll now have two halves. With a fork, empty the halves out of their seeds.
6. Next, place them on a baking pan, and drizzle on olive oil on each.
7. Season with kosher salt, black pepper, and garlic powder to your liking. Don't salt TOO much since buffalo sauce is slightly salty.
8. Now, finely dice ¼ of a white onion and add it to each squash.
9. Place them on a baking pan and bake them in the oven for 30-40 minutes.
10. While it's baking, have your chicken breast boiled and well-cooked. Take them out of the pot and shred them well. Add them into a bowl.
11. Add your desired amount of buffalo sauce, I used approximately 1 ½ cups.
12. Then, add 2 TBSPS (more or less) of mayo. Mix them well into the chicken breast shreds.
13. Once the spaghetti squash is done, take a fork and shred the spaghetti squash well all around each piece.
14. Add arugula into each.
15. Place the buffalo chicken into each squash.
16. Season with freshly ground black pepper for taste and garnish with freshly chopped parsley.
17. You can add more buffalo sauce if you enjoy spicier foods. Enjoy!