Whoever made burrata, truly deserves an award because you DON'T get better than this, people. If you've never had burrata, it is an Italian cow milk cheese made from mozzarella and cream. It's so flavorful and much softer than mozzarella.
Today I present to you my "Burrata and Olive Tapenade on a Baguette". It is the perfect combo of salty and crunchy and it was so easy to make.
This is the perfect lunch for my vegetarians out here or my people who just love a good cheese sandwich. It has your healthy fats from the olives, 10 grams of protein from the burrata and walnuts , carbs from the baguette, and daily sources of greens from the cucumber and arugula.
If you're looking to add more protein to this sandwich, feel free to top it with grilled chicken! It would still be delicious. Let me show you how to make this incredibly delicious sandwich!
Prep time: 5 minutes
Total time: 10 minutes
This recipe is vegetarian.
1. ½ baguette
2. Burrata at room temperature
3. Handful of arugula
4. Thinly sliced cucumber
5. Freshly ground black pepper
6. Optional garnish of fresh basil, chiffonade
1. 1 cup of kalamata olives
2. ¼ cup of walnuts
3. 6 separate parsley vines, washed and stems removed
4. 1 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
5. Juice of ½ lemon
1. First, slice your baguette into even sized sandwich strips. Each piece should be about 6 inches long or so. (15 cm)
2. Toast both pieces until warm, but not too crispy.
3. While you're waiting for the baguette to toast, prepare your olive tapenade in a food processor. (a blender works as well) Add in the kalamata olives, walnuts, parsley, olive oil, and lemon and blend until pureed.
4. Have your burrata ripped into multiple pieces.
5. Let's put it all together: on one side of the baguette, spread on your desired amount of olive tapenade. Layer on the cucumber and the arugula. Top with the burrata slices. Garnish with fresh basil and black pepper if you'd like. It's always up to YOU and what makes your life easier.
6. Add the other side of the baguette on top, slice in half, and enjoy!