Cacao Quinoa Breakfast Cereal with Chocolate Granola & Fruit
Updated: Jan 19, 2022
Okay, so I honestly was kind of wary about this recipe because I'd seen girls make a quinoa cereal before and wasn't sure how the quinoa would taste drenched in almond milk. But, this morning, I put this recipe to the test, and it was absolutely delicious. I was shocked at how well all of the flavors in the bowl combined. From the cacao and ground flax cooked in with the quinoa, to the crunchy chocolate granola, to the fresh raspberries, and the creamy almond butter, you cannot get better than this! It was such a heartwarming and nourishing breakfast that is officially going to be on repeat from this day forth. So, if you want to give this vegan breakfast a try, keep reading for the full recipe!
Prep time: 8-10 minutes
Total time: 12 minutes
This recipe is dairy free, gluten free, vegetarian, and vegan.
1. ½ cup of quinoa (tri colored or white, doesn't matter)
2. 1 cup of unsweetened almond milk
3. 1 TBSP ground flax
4. 1 TSP cacao
5. 1 TSP brown sugar (optional for sweetness)
6. 1 TBSP of almond butter
8. 1 banana
9. Go Raw Sprouted Chocolate Granola
10. Chia seeds to garnish
1. In a pot, add in ½ cup of quinoa and 1 cup of almond milk. Add in the ground flax, cacao, and brown sugar as well.
2. Let them cook on high heat until the almond milk starts to boil. Once it starts to boil, lower the heat to medium and cover the pot. Be careful, the almond milk could spill out. Cook until the quinoa has soaked up the almond milk, but don't let it dry out completely.
3. While you are waiting for the quinoa to cook, have 1 banana sliced into smaller coins and your raspberries washed.
4. Now let's put it all together in a small bowl. Add in the quinoa and pour in 1-2 TBSPs of more almond milk to make it more like a cereal. Now, add the banana slices, the raspberries, the granola (serving size amount), the almond butter, and the chia seeds for more protein.
5. Mix it all up and enjoy!