Who would have though that parmesan and tahini would go together SO well. This is my Cheesy Delicata Squash Bake with Tahini.
Thanksgiving is right around the corner and this side dish is going to the star of your Thanksgiving dinner table. Sure, we have the turkey, the mashed potatoes, the green bean casserole, but let's mix in something new!
The savory blend of the tahini and parmesan with the sweetness of the delicata squash and pomegranate seeds pair so well together!
This squash is a great addition for any of your guests that are vegetarians or gluten free. Prep only takes 10 minutes and the results are incredible. Let's get to the recipe, shall we?
Side note: I hate how my pictures came out so I'm reposting this picture again next week (lol).
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
This recipe is gluten-free and vegetarian.
1.1 Delicata squash
2. Shredded Parmesan cheese
3. Pomegranate seeds
4. 5 TBSPs tahini
5. Extra virgin olive oil
7. Turmeric, garlic powder, paprika
1.First, preheat your oven to 400.
2. Grab your Delicata squash trim both ends.
3. Slice the squash lengthwise by standing it on the larger end. You will have two halves.
4. Scoop the seeds out with a spoon.
5. Then, Cut each squash half crosswise into 1-inch-thick slices.
6. Grab a bowl and add the squash in. Coat the squash with olive oil. Season with ¼ TSP turmeric (or more), ¼ TSP paprika, ½ TSP garlic powder (or more), and salt to taste. Mix with your hands.
7. Grab a small baking pan and start layering the Delicata squash in rows. Layer the next row on top of the bottom until you have no pieces of squash left.
8. Drizzle a bit more olive oil and season with salt. Bake in the oven until you can slightly poke a fork through the squash.
9. Take the squash out gently from the oven and sprinkle on your desired amount of Parmesan. Go heavy or go light it's up to you!
10. Bake again until the cheese melts.
11. Turn the oven off and gently take the squash out.
12. For the tahini dressing: pour in 5 TBSPs of tahini and dilute with a splash of water. Whisk until you have a creamier & thinner consistency. Salt the tahini dressing to taste. Whisk again.
13. Pour the tahini dressing onto the squash bake. Garnish with pomegranate seeds.