THE dip of the year. There I said it. It will not get better than this.
This Cherry Tomato Labneh Dip is my favorite dip I've ever made and it's time you make it for yourself and friends & family.
In one dip we have labneh, cherry tomatoes, walnuts, parsley, walnuts, and zaatar. A perfect Middle Eastern inspired dip that you can make for a get together or for yourself! Labneh, also known as kefir, is an incredible source of probiotics and it's low in lactose for my lactose-intolerant friends out here.
The saltiness & acidity of the labneh paired with the cherry tomatoes is a mesmerizing taste and I cannot wait for you to try it.
If you decide to make this for a get together, it's very easy to double or triple the ingredients. This is good for 2-3 people, but just grab a bigger serving plate and some more cherry tomatoes & labneh for a larger crowd! So, let's not waste anymore time and get to the simple recipe!
Prep time: 5 minutes
Total time: 15-20 minutes (to wait on the tomatoes to bake)
This recipe is vegetarian.
1. Labneh (kefir spread)
2. 1 bunch of cherry tomatoes
3. Zaatar to garnish (¼ TSP)
4. Crushed walnuts to garnish (about 4 walnuts)
5. Fresh chopped parsley to garnish (about 1 TBSP)
6. Salt, garlic powder
7. Extra virgin olive oil
8. Italian baguette to dip
1. First, preheat your oven to 400.
2. Grab a medium sized ramekin and add in the bunch of cherry tomatoes. Drizzle in olive oil and salt very well. Season with ¼ TSP of garlic powder. Mix the seasonings in well. Bake until they soften.
3. Now right after, grab a baking sheet. Slice your baguette into 2-3 inch pieces and place them onto the sheet. Drizzle on olive oil and season with salt. Mix well and bake until slightly crispy. Not TOO crispy, but softer.
4. While you wait for the tomatoes and baguette slices to bake, grab a serving plate of choice. Spread labneh onto the plate. Have your parsley and walnuts prepared.
5. Be cautious, the bread will bake faster than the tomatoes. Take them out gently and let them cool.
6. Once the tomatoes bake, gently take them out and let them cool as well.
7. Let's put it all together: pour the cherry tomatoes with their juice into the middle of the dip. Drizzle on olive oil, add the crushed walnuts, zaatar, parsley, and a dash of salt.