The perfect salad does not exi-. I was in the middle of studying the digestive system when I realized I needed to work on my own and feed myself a nourishing dinner!
So, I create this exquisite, Chicken & Burrata Based Salad. It is a very Mediterranean-style salad that can be enjoyed any time of the year, for lunch or dinner.
The parsley chicken, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, creamy burrata, salty kalamata olives, crunchy arugula & spinach blend, sun-dried tomatoes, and olive oil lemon dressing all work so well together and each bite is better than the next. I added slices of garlic-rubbed sourdough for a source of carbs and extra flavor.
It was also delicious building mini sandwich bites with the bread, burrata, cherry tomatoes, and olives. You have such a balanced salad here and it was so easy to make. You only need to chop the ingredients and bake the chicken! So, let me show you how to make it.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
This recipe is gluten free (the sourdough bread is not necessary or you can swap for a GF bread)
1. 1 chicken breast chopped into cubes
2. Arugula and spinach, finely chopped
3. 1 cucumber, finely diced
4. 8 cherry tomatoes, sliced into thin rounds
6. 6 kalamata olives, chopped in halves
7. 2 TBSPs of sun dried tomatoes
8. 1 slice of sourdough
9. TBSPs of extra virgin olive oil
10. Juice of 1 lemon
12. 1 garlic clove
Chicken breast seasoning:
1. 1-2 TBSPs extra virgin olive oil
2. Juice of 1 lemon
3. Salt to taste
4. Black pepper to your liking (I did about ¼ TSP)
5. 1 TSP dried parsley
6. 2 cloves garlic, minced
7. ½ TSP paprika for color
1. First, preheat your oven to bake 375.
2. Have your chicken breast prepared and seasoned. Bake until the chicken is white on the inside and fully cooked.
3. While you're waiting for the chicken to bake, prepare all of the ingredients. Grab a serving bowl and add in your chopped arugula and spinach blend in. I chopped them this time to make eating the greens much easier.
4. Then, add in the olives, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, sun dried tomatoes, and burrata.
5. Have the sourdough toasted and chop it in half. Rub one clove of garlic onto the bread. Enjoy the sourdough on the side (I placed it into the bowl for aesthetics).
6. Add in the chicken breast once it's fully baked.
7. In a small bowl: add in 2-3 TBSPs of olive oil, the juice of 1 lemon, and salt to taste. Shake well and pour it onto the salad.
8. Mix the salad and enjoy with your toasted sourdough as well!