If you love caprese but want to add more protein to the dish, this is the recipe for you! It's the ultimate summer salad and it's so quick to make. I added lots of extra flavors to this salad so I hope you're ready for a spicy kick of flavor! Let's get to the recipe shall we?
Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
This recipe is gluten free.
1. 2-3 handfuls of spinach
2. 8 cherry tomatoes
3. 1 cup of mozzarella
4. ½ cooked and shredded chicken breast
5. 1 TBSP of capers
6. ⅓ cup of kalamata olives
7. 4 basil leaves
8. 2 TBSPs of spicy olive oil
10. Black pepper, garlic powder, dried oregano, dried mint
1. Chop up 2-3 handfuls of spinach and add to a bowl.
2. Chop up 8 cherry tomatoes in half and add to the bowl.
3. Chop up 1 cup of mozzarella into squares and add to the bowl.
4. Shred some cooked chicken breast and add to the bowl (this part is optional if you just want to have a caprese salad).
5. Now, add 1 TBSP of capers and ⅓ cup of kalamata olives.
6. Chop up 4 basil leaves and add to the bowl.
7. Now for the dressing: in a separate bowl add 2 TBSPs of spicy olive oil, salt, black pepper, garlic powder, oregano, and dried mint to your liking.