Sandwiches are not the enemy, they are just like salads - you get to choose what you put into them! Choose a nutritious bread and go from there. For this sandwich I combined two healthy fats into one sandwich: hummus and avocado! It was truly delicious and I need you all to try it out. Let's get to the recipe.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
This recipe is dairy free.
1. 2 pieces of sourdough bread
2. Avocado oil
3. Ghee butter
4. Roasted garlic hummus @traderjoes (or you can use my homemade hummus recipe)
5. ½ Avocado
6. Shredded chicken breast
9. Black pepper, red pepper
10. ½ tomato
1. On a frying pan spray on avocado oil and add 1 TSP of ghee butter and then sprinkle on salt and garlic powder and stir it in well.
2. Toast the two pieces of sourdough in the pan for 2-3 minutes for each side.
3. Now, on one piece of toast spread on ½ on avocado (or a bit less if your avocado is too big)
4. On the other piece of toast spread on hummus to your liking.
5. Next, add on your shredded chicken breast (¼-½ cup) on the hummus side.
6. Add on a handful of massaged kale (lemon, olive oil, salt to massage), and 3-4 slices of tomato.
7. Now on the avocado toast, sprinkle on black pepper and dash of red pepper.
8. Finally, put the sandwich together, slice in half, and enjoy!