Chicken Teriyaki Bowl
Updated: Feb 22, 2021
My boyfriend was in the mood for Asian cuisine but didn't know what he wanted, so I surprised him with this delicious Chicken Teriyaki bowl! The one part of this recipe that I had to look up was how to make the homemade teriyaki sauce. Other than that, the rest of the recipe was thought out by me! Let's get to it.
Yields: 2-3 servings
Prep time: 20 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
This recipe is dairy free.
1. 2 chicken breasts
2. 1 cup of rice
3. Green beans
4. 2 carrots
5. 4 mini bell peppers
6. 1 green onion
7. Broccoli florets
8. Baby corn
9. Extra virgin olive oil
10. Fresh ginger
11. Soy sauce
12. Salt, black pepper, onion powder, ginger powder
1. 1/3 cup of soy sauce
2. ½ cup of orange juice
3. 2 cloves of garlic
4. 1 TSP minced ginger
5. 3 TBSPs brown sugar
6. 2 TBSPS cold water
7. 2 TBSPS cornstarch
Replacement suggestion: Feel free to use cauliflower florets instead of broccoli, or other vegetables if you don't have all of the ones listed. The main part is the rice, chicken, and teriyaki sauce!
1. First, grab your chicken breasts and slice them into smaller strips and leave on the side.
2. Next, wash all of your veggies: green beans, carrots, bell peppers, green onion, broccoli, & baby corn.
3. Julienne the carrots, aka cut thin strips of it, then chop the bell peppers into rounds, and finely dice the green onion. Leave all of this to the side for later.
4. Next, grab your cup of rice and a medium sized pot. Warm up water in an electric kettle. You will be pouring this over the rice once it has boiled.
5. Add olive oil to the pot and once it simmers add your rice. Once the water in the kettle has boiled add 2 cups to the pot and ½ TBSP of salt. Cover the pot until the rice is cooked perfectly, and leave for later.
6. Now, in a small saucepan, combine the soy sauce, 1 cup liquid, garlic, ginger and brown sugar. Simmer for 2 minutes on medium heat. Then combine with water and cornstarch and cook until desired consistency. Leave on the side.
7. Now, in a large frying pan (or a wok) add olive oil on medium heat. Add in the carrots, green beans, broccoli, bell peppers, and baby corn and sauté with salt, black pepper, onion powder, and a dash of ginger powder. Then drizzle in 2 TBSPs of soy sauce.
8. Once they are done put them in a bowl and leave to the side.
9. Now, in that same wok, add in your chicken breast strips and season with salt & black pepper. Once the chicken has started to brown add the teriyaki sauce in. Cook until the chicken is done.
10. Time for layering. Grab a bowl: add rice, your veggies, your chicken teriyaki, and top with green onions. Enjoy!