I don’t like to generalize Asian food into one category. Sure this is Asian Fusion, but I used hoisin sauce, which is mainly used in Chinese cuisine. India, Turkmenistan, China, Laos, South Korea are all in Asia but they don’t have the same food culture. So let’s stay woke and stop grouping foods into one category. Thank you for coming to my ted talk and let’s get to this recipe! You don't want to miss out on this one.
Yields: 2-3 people
Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 35 minutes
This recipe is dairy free, gluten free, vegetarian, and vegan.
1. 1 head of cauliflower
2. 1 TBSP of cornstarch
3. Coconut aminos
4. 1 TSP ginger
5. 1 TBSP sesame oil
6. Sprinkle of sesame seeds
7. 2-3 TBSPs of GF hoisin sauce
8. Garnish with chopped green onions
1. First, preheat your oven to 400.
2. Second, cut your cauliflower head into small pieces.
3. Next, steam your cauliflower and add a sprinkle of salt.
4. Once the cauliflower has been fully steamed, put them in a big bowl.
5. Add cornstarch, sesame oil, about 1-2 TBSPs of coconut aminos (what you feel is right), ginger, hoisin sauce, a dash of salt, and sesame seeds. Mix them up well and if they seem a bit dry add more coconut aminos.
6. Place them on a baking pan and make sure they are coated equally.
7. Bake for 15 minutes until they are soft & crunchy but not mushy!