So it's Eid and Earth Day, so I wanted to combine those two concepts together. Middle Eastern desserts are highly nut & seed based and I always relate Earth Day to nutritious foods. So, I think these Chocolate Almond Butter Seed Bars are the perfect option. I got the inspiration from Half Baked Harvest and switched up the recipe a bit.
These are PACKED full of nuts and seeds making it a very healthy fat and protein packed dessert. You're going to need flour, pistachios, coconut flakes, sliced almonds, chia seeds, hemp seeds, almond butter, chocolate chips, maple syrup, and sugaaa. Because honestly without sugar these would taste like bark.
This is an easy step-by-step recipe and great to make for the week. The recipe yields 18-24 pieces so it's great to keep in the fridge to snack on for the week. You can also make them for a picnic/BBQ and enjoy them with friends. Let's get to it!
Prep time: 20 minutes
Total time: 2 hours 20 minutes (to be refrigerated)
1. First, grab a 9x13 inch baking dish and spray on coconut or olive oil. Set it aside.
2. Grab a medium mixing bowl and combine the "seed bar mix" ingredients together. Set aside.
3. Now, grab a large pot and place it onto the stovetop on medium heat. Add in the "almond butter mix". Stir ingredients until they are melted and smooth. Once the mixture starts to bubble, let it cook for 1 minute and then remove from the heat.
4. Quickly add in the "seed bar mix" into the " almond butter mix". Use a rubber spatula to mix them well together until you achieve a consistent spread - you don't want any of the flour showing. Press into the prepared the pan. Set aside.
5. In that same pot, have the stove on low and melt the chocolate chips with the 1 TBSP almond butter until melted and smooth.
6. Pour the melted chocolate over the bars and spread in an even layer.
7. Cover and place in the fridge for 1-2 hours or until firm.