Chocolate Chaga Protein Smoothie Bowl
Who said you couldn’t have chocolate for breakfast? Remember, health can be and IS delicious. This is my Chocolate Chaga Protein Smoothie bowl that I made on repeat this past summer. If you've never heard of chaga, it's a very nutritious type of mushroom that serves as a healthy substitute for caffeine. It also contains a variety of health benefits such as blood sugar regulation, fighting inflammation, reducing blood pressure, and alleviating arthritis! You can even get your daily source of vitamin D, iron, magnesium, potassium, manganese, and calcium! So, I highly suggest incorporating chaga into your diet somehow. The way I did was by adding a Daily Harvest chaga chocolate coffee pod into my smoothie bowl! It was quick and easy, and you can do it too! So, let's get to the recipe, shall we?
Prep time: 1 minute
Total time: 5 minutes
This recipe is dairy free, gluten free, vegetarian, and vegan.
1. 1 frozen banana
2. ¾-1 cup of frozen cauliflower
3. 1 @dailyharvest chaga chocolate coffee pod
4. 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder ( I used Vega Protein)
5. ½ cup of oat milk (any nut milk works)
6. A dash of nutmeg
7. A dash of cinnamon
1 TSP of chia seeds
1. Add the ingredients into the blender.
2. Blend until it’s a creamy, thick consistency. My blender came with a tamper so I removed the middle lid and used the tamper to move the smoothie around as it was blending.
3. Top with strawberries, raspberries, and chia seeds.