I'm all about providing you guys with the simplest recipes that you can incorporate into your daily lives. This Classic Cucumber & Tomato Salad is my GO-TO salad to meal prep or make when I'm low on fresh produce. And honestly you can't get sick of it, it's such a refreshing salad.
Persians have a version of this salad called the "Shirazi Salad" that calls for cucumber, tomato, green bell pepper, and red onion. I grew up with a version of the one I made and I tend to add radish and parsley to it as well.
You can prep this salad with any lean protein you desire as well such as - tofu, chicken breast, steak, etc. Make sure to also add a source of carbs such as - basmati rice, baked potato, pita bread, quinoa, bulgur, etc. You always want to make a balanced meal and keep yourself well-nourished.
Let me stop talking and let's get to this quick & easy recipe!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
This recipe is dairy free, gluten free, vegetarian, and vegan
1. 3 cucumbers, finely diced
2. 1 beefsteak tomato, finely diced
3. 1 radish, finely diced
4. 1 TBSP finely chopped fresh parsley
1. 2 TBSPs extra virgin olive oil
2. Juice of 1 lemon
3. ¼ TSP salt
4. ¼ TSP ground black pepper
5. ¼ TSP dried mint
6. 1 garlic clove, minced
1. First, grab a serving bowl of choice. Prepare the cucumber, tomato, radish, and parsley. Add the into the bowl.
2. Grab a separate small bowl and create the dressing. Mix well. Pour onto the salad.
3. Mix the salad and taste for salt. Add if necessary.