I've gotten requests for a very refreshing and light salad that people could meal prep, and this Corn Salad with Soy is going to become your best friend this summer.
The refreshing taste of the soy sauce, the crunch of the cucumber and bell pepper, and the citrusy taste of the cilantro and lemon make for the perfect summer side salad.
It's so simple to make and takes under 15 minutes of your time, how could you go wrong?
You can prep this on a Sunday before your week of school/work and pair it with a protein of choice. You can also make this corn salad for a small gathering of people. No matter how you choose to consume it, you're going to love it. So, let me show you how to make it.
Yields: 1-4 (great to serve for a small gathering or enough for 3-4 days of meal prep)
Prep time: 10-12 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
This recipe is dairy free, vegetarian, and vegan. This can be made gluten free if you use GF soy sauce.
1. 16oz bag of frozen corn
2. 4 scallions, finely diced
3. 2 Persian cucumbers, finely diced
4. 1 red bell pepper, finely diced
5. Fresh cilantro, finely chopped
7. 3 ½ TBSPs low sodium soy sauce, regular soy sauce, or GF soy sauce
8. 1 lemon
1. First, grab your frozen bag of corn. Empty the bag into a bowl of warm water until they defrost.
2. While you're waiting prepare ingredients 2-5. Place them into a serving bowl.
3. Once the corn is ready, strain the water out, and pour the corn into the bowl. Mix well.
4. For the dressing: add 3 ½ TBSPs of soy sauce into a small bowl, add the juice of 1 lemon, and salt to taste. Be cautious of the salt since soy sauce is salty. Pour it onto the salad, and mix well.