Dairy Free Buffalo Chicken Subs
Do you love subs but don't want one from the deli because it's either too big, too greasy, or just not as healthy as you want it to be? I got you. I made finger-licking good, Dairy Free Buffalo Chicken Subs. It's filled with veggies and made with a quality buffalo sauce rather than the ones filled with canola and sunflower oil. Make this for your family for dinner one night or as lunch with friends! If they're buffalo lovers, they are going to swoon over these. So, let's get to the recipe shall we?
Prep time: 1 hour and 30 (to properly boil the chicken)
Total time: 2 hours
This recipe is dairy free.
1. 2-4 chicken breasts depends on size (boiled and shredded)
2. 2 sub rolls
4. 1 green bell pepper
5. ½ red onion
6. Extra virgin olive oil
7. Noble Made Medium Buffalo Sauce (love this brand - they use extra virgin olive oil instead of canola oil which can be very inflammatory IF you have gut issues)
8. Kosher salt
9. Chili onion crunch from Trader Joe's
10. Optional: fresh parsley for garnish
Replacement suggestion: It is your call if you want to use regular buffalo sauce you have in your fridge.
1. First, make sure your chicken breasts have been boiled and shredded.
2. Next, finely dice your green bell pepper and chop your red onion into thin rounds.
3. Grab a frying pan and drizzle in 2 TBSPs of olive oil. Add the green bell pepper and red onion. Add 1 TSP of the chili onion crunch and mix well. Salt to taste. Sauté on medium-high heat until the onion is light brown and limp.
4. Leave to the side.
5. Grab a bowl and add the shredded chicken. Add your desired amount of buffalo sauce and mix well. Feel free to add extra hot sauce to it as well.
6. Have your two subs lightly toasted in the oven.
7. Time to fill the subs: cut through the sub and take out some of the inner breading to create more space for the stuffing.
8. Add arugula, some of the onion and bell pepper stuffing, and the buffalo chicken. Drizzle on extra buffalo sauce.
9. Garnish with fresh parsley if you'd like.