Dairy Free Spicy Grilled Cheese With Chicken and Sautéed Zucchini
Are you dairy free but LOVE grilled cheese sandwiches? Are you NOT dairy free and love grilled cheese sandwiches? This recipe is for you. I simply cannot emphasize enough how flavorful every bite of this sandwich is. Not only is it dairy free, but it is packed full of nutrients you need in a meal. I added arugula and sautéed zucchini as a source of vegetables, chicken as a source of protein, and avocado mayo as a source of fat! My goal is to always create meals for you guys that are nutritious AND delicious in every bite. Health. Is. Delicious. Nobody can tell me otherwise. So, let's get to it.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
This recipe is dairy free. It can be made vegan without the chicken.
1. 2 pieces of sourdough bread
2. 2 slices of Chao Tomato Cayenne Cheese
3. Red pepper spread from @traderjoes
4. Avocado mayo from Primal Kitchen
5. ½ zucchini
7. 1 cooked/baked/grilled chicken breast - sliced into multiple pieces
8. Extra virgin olive oil (you can use a spray too)
9. Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Replacement suggestion: Please feel free to opt out on the chicken! You can make it vegan this way and still enjoy a delicious sandwich.
1. First, grab two pieces of sourdough bread and toast them lightly.
2. While they're toasting, slice ½ a zucchini down vertically and slice again into 3 long strips.
3. Grab a medium sized pan, add 1 TBSP of olive oil or spray the pan well.
4. Add the zucchini strips and sauté until lightly brown. Sprinkle on salt and black pepper to taste.
5. Grab the toast out of the oven. Spread on your desired amount of mayo on each toast on one side.
6. On one toast add 2 pieces of cheese, the sautéed zucchini, the already sliced and cooked chicken breast, and the arugula.
7. One the other toast add red pepper spread to your liking and put that piece on top of the other.
8. In that same pan, add ½ TBSP of olive oil or spray it well. Place the sandwich on the pan and let it cook for 5 minutes or so.
9. Make sure you don't burn the bottom piece of bread, so don't have it on too high heat. Once the cheese has slightly melted, turn the stove off and place the sandwich onto a plate.
10. Cut the sandwich in half gently, and enjoy!