I may have created the most delicious dairy free dip you'll ever have. Okay, I may be exaggerating but seriously, I'm so proud of this. I'm a huge fan of making dips and enjoying them while watching sports games or movies. Since I'm dairy free though I haven't been able to enjoy anything besides guacamole. So, I came up with a delightful dairy free spinach and artichoke dip. The base is tofu so you're also getting a great source of vegan protein. You can't go wrong with this one. So, if you want to learn how to make this for yourself, keep reading! Let's get to it.
Prep time: 30 minutes
Total time: 1 hour and 10 minutes
This recipe is dairy free, gluten free, vegetarian, and vegan.
1. 1 ½ cups of silken tofu
2. ½ cup of melted vegan butter (I used Earth Balance)
3. 1 TBSP of lemon juice
4. ½ cup of dairy free mozzarella (I used Good Planet)
5. ½ cup of mayo (I used Primal Foods Kitchen)
6. 14oz Artichoke hearts, drained and chopped finely
7. ¾ cup of frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
8. 1 TSP of minced garlic
9. 1 TSP of dried basil
10. ½ TSP of crushed red pepper
11. Kosher salt
1. First, preheat your oven to 350.
2. Next, grab a blender and place the 1 ½ cups of silken tofu, ½ cup of melted vegan butter, 1/2 TSP of salt, and 1 TBSP of lemon juice. Puree.
3. Place the blend in a bowl and let it cool in the fridge for 20 minutes.
4. While you're waiting, make sure your frozen spinach has thawed and been drained. Also, have your artichoke hearts drained and chopped finely.
5. Have all the ingredients ready and grab a mixing bowl to place all the ingredients.
6. Once the 20 minutes are up, take the tofu puree out of the fridge and place it into the mixing bowl. This is going to be your cream cheese replacement!
7. Add ingredients 4-10 into the mixing bowl. Sprinkle on ¼ TSP of salt.
8. Mix well and add into a circular baking pan. 8' or 9' works.
9. Make sure you spread the dip evenly into the pan.
10. Bake in the oven for 40 minutes. You can take it out at 30 minutes to gently taste test for any salt.
11. Once the 40 minutes are up, the artichokes should look toasted at the top just like in my picture above.
12. Grab your favorite chip or crackers and enjoy!