No cooking experience needed to make this simple, yet delicious Deconstructed Caprese Salad. If you guys want to romanticize your life, make this salad for yourself in under 10 minutes.
You'll be so impressed with yourself and you barely even had to do anything to make it! All you need is tomato, cucumber, fresh mozzarella, arugula, basil, and balsamic glaze.
This makes for the perfect light lunch if you're not in the mood for something heavy or you can make multiple dishes of this for a future spring/summer picnic. It's refreshing and it's nutritious. So, if you're a big mozzarella lover like I am, continue reading for the full recipe!
Yields: 1 (but you can continue repeating the steps to make it for more people)
Prep time: 5 minutes
Total time: 6-8 minutes
This recipe is gluten free and vegetarian.
1. 1 beefsteak tomato (or an heirloom tomato)
2. ½ large cucumber
4. 3 pieces of thinly cut mozzarella rounds
5. Salt and freshly ground black pepper to your liking
6. Balsamic glaze to garnish
7. Extra virgin olive oil to garnish
8. Fresh basil to garnish
1. First, grab a flat serving plate. Add on 1 handful of arugula.
2. Now, have your tomato, mozzarella, and cucumber sliced into thin rounds just like in the picture above.
3. When you go to layer them I did - tomato, 2 cucumbers, mozzarella, repeat.
4. Then, drizzle on balsamic glaze and extra virgin olive oil to your liking.