Not much to say here besides the fact breakfast tacos are so underrated and one of the most easy ways to get a balanced breakfast in. These are my Easy Kidney Bean Breakfast Tacos because we need to give black beans a break. Kidney beans are a great source of fiber and protein, and many other compounds that have been linked to reducing risk of disease. They are so easy to incorporate into your diet and this is one way to do it.
For the sauce I used Growee's Vegan Three Pepper Spread and let me tell you it's SO good. I don't like boring food so I'm always looking for ways to add a kick of flavor into my meals. Their three pepper spread made doing that so simple.
You're going to need flour tortillas, eggs, kidney beans, arugula, Growee's three pepper spread, and avocado. Make these for yourself and share them with friends. You don't have to be a vegetarian to enjoy them. So, let's get to the recipe.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
This recipe is dairy free and vegetarian. Can be easily made vegan without the eggs.
1. 2 flour tortillas
2. 2 eggs
3. 1 can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
4. ½ avocado
6. Growee's three pepper spread
7. Extra virgin olive oil
9. Lemon pepper
1. First have your eggs whisked in a bowl and your kidney beans prepared. Add a dash of salt to your eggs.
2. Now, grab a small frying pan and place it onto the stove top on medium heat. Pour in 1 TBSP olive oil. Once it simmers, pour in the eggs. Scramble to your liking using a rubber spatula. Once those are done add them to a plate.
3. If your frying pan isn't too "eggy" you can sauté the kidney beans in that same frying pan or a new one. Pour in ½ TBSP of olive oil and add in the kidney beans on medium-high heat. Cook them until they start opening up.
4. Let's put it all together: grab a serving plate and add on 2 flour tortillas. Spread on the Growee three pepper spread to your liking onto each. Distribute the arugula, eggs, and kidney beans evenly. Add on a slice of avocado onto each. Drizzle on olive oil to garnish. Add salt and lemon pepper to taste.