Truth - I haven't been able to stomach much for awhile due to school stress, but this bagel has really been there for me. It's light enough and gives me the brain power that I need. It's an everything bagel with hummus, spinach, tomato, and cucumber and it's so easy to make.
This takes 5 minutes to prep and there is no cooking needed. Just toast the bagel and slice up your veggies. If you want to add more protein to this, please feel free to top the bagel with eggs or chicken sausage. I'm all about a protein-dense meal, but this bagel is specifically for those days where you aren't feeling so hot. You'll still get ~some~ protein from the bagel and hummus! Let's get to the recipe.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Total time: 6-8 minutes
This recipe is dairy free, vegetarian, and vegan. My gluten free friends, please opt for a GF bagel if you'd like.
1. 1 everything bagel (or other bagel of choice)
2. Spinach (or arugula)
3. ½ tomato, sliced in thin rounds
4. ½ cucumber, sliced in thin vertical strips
5. Hummus (you can follow my recipe or use store-bought)
1. First, slice your bagel in half and toast.
2. While the bagel is toasting, prep your tomato and cucumber.
3. Now, let's put it all together: on the bottom half of the bagel, spread on hummus to your liking. Next, layer on spinach (about 8-10 pieces), then add the tomato rounds and cucumber strips. Salt well.
4. Add the top half on the bagel sandwich you created, slice in half, and enjoy!