Egg White Omelette Brunch Bowl
You guys know I'm all about providing recipes that are healthy and nourishing to the soul. But, my goal is to also provide you with recipes that are simple and not too complicated most of the time. I want you all to fall in love with cooking and not think it's too tedious and time consuming. Eating healthily doesn't mean you have to take hours in the kitchen making elaborate foods. Sometimes it means putting a salad together that takes a maximum of 15 minutes.
There are other times where it's making yourself a beautiful brunch bowl on a Saturday or Sunday that takes up to 25 minutes. When I wake up at 11am on the weekends sometimes, all I want is to make a ginormous bowl that will fill me up! This is the one you're going to want to make yourself those kinda days. It's an egg white omelette with veggies on a bed of sautéed kale with mini avocado toasts. You have your protein, your carbs, your fats, and your veggies all in one bowl, you cannot go wrong. So, if you want to make this for yourself, keep reading! Let's get to it.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
This recipe is dairy free and vegetarian.
1. 2-3 handfuls of Tuscan kale
2. 2 pieces of sourdough bread (I chose the ends of the bread since they are the smallest, 3. you can also just opt for one larger piece)
4. ½ avocado
5. 1 1/2 cups of egg whites
6. ½ cup of chopped broccoli
7. 2 TBSPs of finely chopped bell pepper
8. 6 chopped baby bella mushrooms
9. Table salt
10. Freshly ground black pepper, garlic powder, Aleppo pepper, lemon pepper
11. Extra virgin olive oil
1. First, grab a serving bowl you're going to use.
2. Next, grab two pieces of sourdough and toast them.
3. Next, grab a cutting board and chop up the broccoli, bell pepper of choice, and mushrooms.
4. Grab a small frying pan and drizzle in 1 TBSP of olive oil on medium-high heat. Once it shimmers, add in the veggies. Season with salt, black pepper, garlic powder, and Aleppo pepper to your liking. (Aleppo pepper has a mild kick to it, not too spicy).
5. Once the veggies have sautéed for 3-5 minutes, add in the egg whites. I use egg whites from a carton but you can use egg whites from cracking a bunch of eggs. I use 1 ½ cups.
6. As it starts to rise, use your spatula to nudge the sides and get the liquids into all of the sides. You don't want any liquid left on top so keep nudging the omelette gently. Once its completely dried after 5 minutes or so, fold over one side onto the other. Place it into your bowl.
7. In the same pan, drizzle in olive oil and sauté your tuscan kale on medium-high heat. Season with salt and black pepper to your liking. Sauté for a max of 5 minutes.
8. Add the kale into the bowl.
9. Grab your toasts and mash ½ avocado total onto them. Sprinkle on salt and lemon pepper to taste.
10. You just made yourself a beautiful brunch bowl. Enjoy!