Do you have some extra dips and spreads sitting in your fridge from the holidays and don't know what to do with them? Well, we are not throwing them away - instead we are going to add them to our meals! This is my Eggs & Red Pepper Spread Hash-brown Toasts. There is a delicious spread at Trader Joe's called the "Red Pepper Spread with Eggplant & Garlic" and it is so easy to add to salads, nourish bowls, and toasts. Here I added it on top of hash-browns for breakfast, and let me tell you these were chef's kiss*.
This breakfast makes for a balanced meal with your source of carbs from the hash-browns, protein from the eggs, fiber from the arugula, and healthy fats from the red pepper spread. It was incredibly easy to make and requires less than 10 minutes of your time.
So, if you're out of toast and/or have this spread in your fridge and haven't known what to do with it, this is your sign to try this breakfast out. Let's get to the recipe.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Total time: 10 minutes
This recipe is dairy free, gluten free, and vegetarian.
1. 2 hash-browns (from Trader Joe's)
2. 2 eggs
4. Red pepper spread with eggplant & garlic (from Trader Joe's)
5. Extra virgin olive oil
6. Salt and black pepper
1. First, preheat your oven to 425 to bake the hash-browns. I used my toaster oven so that can work too. Toast the two hash-browns for roughly 10 minutes or until they are golden brown and crispy.
2. Have your arugula and red pepper spread on hand.
3. Grab a small frying pan and add it to a stove top on medium heat. Pour in 1 TBSP of extra virgin olive oil. Once it simmers, crack in two eggs on separate sides.
4. Salt and cover the eggs with a lid to cook until they cook to your liking. They will not need more than 2-3 minutes to cook.
5. Grab a serving plate. Add on the hash-browns onto the plate. Add arugula onto each hash-brown. Then, add one cooked egg onto each hash-brown. Spread on your desired amount of red pepper spread onto each hash-brown toast.
6. Season with salt and black pepper to taste, and enjoy!