You think just because it's getting a bit colder out that I'm going to stop eating avocado toast?! Never. (Also the fact I cut this apple up in 5 minutes and it started browning as I was filming...)
This is my Fall Inspired Apple & Havarti Avocado Toast for you all to try out. The combination of the Fuji apple and havarti cheese is delightful and they pair so well together.
Since the avocado has a very mild taste, it doesn't ruin the flavor combo of the fruit and cheese.
This way you get protein from the cheese, carbs from the apple and bread, and healthy fats from the avocado all in one bite! Make this on a slow morning or afternoon for yourself, and pair it with extra greens on the side if you'd like.
So those apples that you picked from apple picking one Saturday, that are sitting on your counter tops, are going to come to use. Let me show you how to make this delicious and nutritious toast.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 12 minutes
This recipe is vegetarian. If you'd like to use a dairy free cheese option to make it vegan, please feel free.
1 slice of sourdough bread
2. ½ avocado, mashed into a bowl
3. 6-7 slices of Havarti cheese, thinly sliced
4. ½ Fuji apple, thinly sliced
6. Honey is optional but it's delicious
1. First, toast one slice of sourdough.
2. As it's toasting, prepare your avocado, havarti, and apple.
3. Let's put it all together.
4. Grab a serving plate and place the toast on the plate. Add the mashed avocado first and sprinkle on a pinch of 5. salt for taste. Add the havarti slices and apple slices one after another.
5. Salt again for taste and drizzle on a bit of honey if you'd like.