You loved my Chicken & Hummus Bowl, so I made you a Fall-Inspired Chicken & Veggie Rice Bowl. It's quite similar, but this time I used brussels sprouts and green beans (both in season this month) instead!
This recipe is a blend of mixed rice, chicken breast, green beans, brussels sprouts, goat cheese, and hummus. Every bite is better than the next. It's a perfectly balanced recipe with protein from the chicken & hummus, fiber from the veggies, and healthy fats from the goat cheese. Make this after a day of work/school and you will be golden.
Also a pro tip for you all - this mixed rice is from the frozen section at Trader Joe's. There are no additives to each bag, it's just rice! You can microwave each bag for 3 minutes, and you'll have perfectly cooked rice. I like having freshly made rice but we all can come back tired from a long day at work, so this is a great option as well.
You also do not need to add goat cheese if you don't like it. Goat cheese and hummus pairs very well together, but it's optional! Let's get to it.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Total time: 45 minutes
This recipe can be dairy free.
1.1 chicken breast, chopped into cubes
2. 8 brussels sprouts, chopped in halves
3. Handful of green beans, chopped in halves
4. ½ cup mixed rice from Trader Joe's (you can also opt for regular rice or brown rice)
5. Goat cheese to garnish
6. Hummus, homemade or storebought (try making my authentic Syrian hummus recipe!)
7. Extra virgin olive oil
9. Aleppo pepper, garlic powder, black pepper
1.1 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
2. 1 TSP salt
3. 1/4 TSP freshly ground black pepper
4. 1/4 TSP chili powder
5. 1/2 TSP Paprika
6. 1 TSP garlic powder
7. 1 garlic clove, grated
1.First, prepare the rice. You can opt for buying store bought-ready brown rice and just microwave it or you can make fresh brown/white rice.
2. While the rice is cooking, prepare the green beans and brussels sprouts. Have the oven preheated to 400. Grab a baking sheet and add on parchment paper. Add on the green beans and brussels. Drizzle on olive oil and season with salt, garlic powder, black pepper, and Aleppo pepper to your liking (when it comes to seasoning its up to you! I'd say do salt, black pepper, and garlic powder to taste, but less than ¼ TSP of Aleppo pepper). Mix well with your hands and bake in the oven until crispy. They will need up to 15 minutes.
3. While the rice and veggies are cooking, prepare the chicken breast. Chop it into cubes and place the chicken into a mixing bowl. Add in the marinade ingredients. Mix them in and if you have time, allow them to marinate in the fridge for as long as possible. Even if it's 30 minutes. If you don't have time, then grab a frying pan.
4. Pour in 1-2TBSPs of olive oil into the pan on medium high heat. Once you can smell the olive oil, add in the chicken. Cover the pan and allow them to cook until the insides are completely white. It will need up to 10 minutes to cook. Make sure to flip the pieces over so they evenly cook.
5. Now let's put the bowl all together: grab a serving bowl of choice and add in the cooked chicken, rice, veggie, and 1-2 TBSPs of hummus on top. Garnish with goat cheese to your liking. Feel free to garnish the bowl with salt and olive oil to taste.