Fall Zucchette Pasta with Vegan Sage & Butter Sauce
Updated: Feb 22, 2021
This fall zucchette pasta can be found at @traderjoes and it is made of both butternut squash and wheat. It was so fun and easy to use, and I ended up making a vegan sage and butter sauce that was a hit at my house. Let me show you how to make it!
Yields: 4 people
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 20-25 minutes
This recipe is dairy free, vegetarian, and vegan.
1. 1 bag of @traderjoes fall zucchette pasta
2. 1 ½ TBSP of vegan butter
3. 1 ½ cup of almond milk
4. Extra virgin olive oil
5. Salt, black pepper, sage
6. 1 minced garlic clove
1. First, boil water in a pot and salt the water. Add the pasta in once the water starts to boil.
2. Once it’s cooked al dente, strain it in a colander and save some of the pasta water.
3. Now in a 3 inch frying pan, add in 3 TBSPs of olive oil, the minced garlic, and the vegan butter. Set the heat on medium low.
4. Once the butter melts add the almond milk. Add 1 TSP of sage, salt, and black pepper to your liking. Let it simmer and now add in ½ cup of the pasta water.
5. Now you can add in the pasta and stir for 2 minutes. If you think it’s too dry add in a bit of more pasta water. Do a taste test for sage, salt, or black pepper.
6. Turn the heat off, serve, and enjoy!