A little Middle Eastern twist on a smoothie bowl! Figs and dates are the two most popular fruits in Syria that I grew up enjoying every summer I visited my family. I had both in my fridge today and was in the mood to make something sweet for lunch. So, I made this delicious smoothie bowl that made me feel as though I was eating it on my grandma's balcony over looking the terraces of olive trees. Let me show you how to make it.
Prep time: 2 minutes
Total time: 5 minutes
This recipe is gluten free and vegetarian.
1. ½ cup of almond milk
2. 1 frozen banana cut into smaller rounds
3. 5-6 figs cut in halves
4. 1 date
5. ½ cup of frozen blueberries
6. 4 TBSPS of plain Greek yogurt
7. Pumpkin seeds
8. Chia seeds
10. 2-3 figs cut in halves
1. Blend ingredients 1-6. Use a tamper to mash all the ingredients together properly. You want a thick consistency.
2. Next, grab a small bowl and pour the smoothie into the bowl.