Aglio E Olio simply translates to, "garlic with oil" aka extra virgin olive oil. This is the simplest, yet most exquisite pasta you could make for yourself and it can be enjoyed without gluten or dairy.
I tend to make this simple pasta when my stomach is bothering me or I have nothing in my fridge. Everything you'll use is straight from your pantry and I added in spinach for a source of magnesium and calcium. Two electrolytes great for natural detoxification and movement of stool (hence why I love to eat it if my gut is ever bothering me).
It takes me a total of 20 minutes to make this dish with minimal hassle. All you need is spaghetti, garlic, salt, black pepper, spinach, and lemon. So, let me show you how to make it!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
This recipe is dairy free, gluten free, vegetarian, and vegan.
1. GF spaghetti by @jovialfoods
2. 5 TBSPs extra virgin olive oil
3. 3 handfuls of spinach
4. 1 TSP salt
5. Freshly ground black pepper
6. Juice of 1 lemon
7. 5 garlic cloves, sliced thinly
8. Fresh basil to garnish
1. First, grab a pot and boil water for your pasta. Salt the water and once it starts boiling, add the spaghetti.
2. Once the pasta is cooked al dente, grab a medium-sized frying pan and add in the olive oil and the garlic. Stir.
3. Allow it to simmer on medium-high heat. Once you can smell the garlic add in 1/2 TSP of salt and the spinach. Add a splash of pasta water and stir well on medium heat.
4. Have the spaghetti strained and add the spaghetti into the frying pan. Stir.
5. Add another ½ TSP of salt and black pepper to your liking. Then squeeze in the juice of the lemon. Stir and let the spaghetti cook for another 2-3 minutes. Taste for any salt and add if necessary.
6. Turn the heat off, add the pasta onto a plate. Season with extra freshly ground black pepper if you'd like and garnish with fresh basil. If you're stomach isn't bothering you and you don't have any dairy sensitivities, I highly suggest grating some fresh parmigiano reggiano.