The perfect winter holiday appetizer to make for your friends and family. These are my Grape Goat Cheese Crostinis.You're going to need goat cheese, red grapes, arugula, and a baguette. I'm sure this may be the first time you have grapes on a slice of bread, but trust me - the sweetness of the grapes, the saltiness and creaminess of the goat cheese, and the crunch of the bread pair so well together. Your taste buds are going to love you and so will the people you're hosting.
These take minimal effort to make and call for less than 20 minutes to prep. So if you were struggling on what kind of appetizer to make for this holiday, this was your sign. Let's get to the recipe.
Yields: You can make as many as you want
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
This recipe is vegetarian.
1.1 baguette (this recipe is for one baguette, but you can make more)
2. 1 bag of red grapes
4. Creamy goat cheese
5. Extra virgin olive oil
1. First, preheat the oven to 450 Fahrenheit.
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
3. Next, grab the baguette and use a serrated knife to diagonally slice the baguette into ½ inch pieces. Place each piece onto the baking sheet. In a small bowl, pour in extra virgin olive oil and add a dash of salt. Mix.
4. Now, lightly brush both sides of each bread piece with the olive oil salt mix.
5. Make sure the bread pieces are in a single layer on the baking sheet. Bake them on the middle rack of the oven for up to 10 minutes. They need to be crispy and golden.
6. As they are baking, slice approximately 20 grapes into thin rounds. Have the goat cheese and arugula ready to use.
7. Gently take the bread out of the oven and allow them to cool.
8. Now, on the crostini (crusty bread), spread on goat cheese – use a knife to spread. Add 3-5 arugula leaves and add 5 sliced rounds of grapes. Repeat for each crostini.