For my friends out here that aren't vegetarian or vegan, I have an incredible taco bowl recipe for you. When it comes to making a fantastic taco bowl, I believe using ground turkey breast carries the most flavor. This bowl was on repeat for me this summer and I hope you guys can give it a chance. It's packed full of all the daily nutrients your body is and it's delicious. Let me show you how to make it!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 25-30 minutes
This recipe is dairy free and gluten free.
1. 1-2 handfuls of spring mix
2. ⅓ cup of cooked white or tri-color quinoa
3. 3 TBSPS of hot pico de gallo @traderjoes
4. 1 mini bell pepper
5. 1 cucumber
6. 1 cup of lean ground turkey breast
7. Extra virgin olive oil
9. Cajun seasoning, taco seasoning, onion powder, black pepper, garlic powder, chili powder
10. ½ lemon
11. Tortilla chips of choice
1. Add spring mix into a bowl.
2. Add in 1/3 cup of already cooked quinoa.
3. Add in 3 TBSPs of hot pico de Gallo.
4. Add ½ avocado.
5. Chop up 1 mini bell pepper and 1 cucumber and add onto the salad.
6. Now, for the ground turkey, I get the lean ground turkey breast from Trader Joe’s. In a frying pan, drizzle in olive oil, and add 1 cup of ground turkey. You can make the whole container if you want to meal prep some. Season with taco seasoning, Cajun seasoning, and onion powder to your liking but be generous. Stir until brown.
7. Add 1 cup into the salad.
8. In a separate bowl make the vinaigrette - add 2 TBSPs of olive oil, ½ lemon, salt, black pepper, garlic powder to your liking, and a dash of chili powder. Mix well and drizzle onto salad.
9. For a crunchy taste feel free to add in some tortilla chips! I used Good & Gathered Blue Corn Tortilla chips.