Ground Turkey Rice Bowl
Updated: May 12, 2021
This may be the dinner you have on repeat this entire summer because of how easy it is to make, how nutritious it is, and how flavorsome it is. It's the bowl your body would ask for everyday because of all of the healthy protein, fats, carbs, and veggies it has. If you have no idea what to make for dinner one night, meal prep this and you'll be able to enjoy it for up to 3 nights! So, if you want the recipe to this delicious ground turkey rice bowl, keep reading!
Yields: 1 or 3 (depends if you meal prep it)
Prep time: 20 minutes
Total time: 35-40 minutes
This recipe is dairy free and gluten free.
1. 1 pack of lean ground turkey
2. 1 can of cooked white kidney beans
3. 1 cup of white rice
4. ½ avocado
5. 2 mini bell peppers
6. 1 bunch of lettuce
7. Pico de gallo - 1 medium tomato, ¼ white onion, fresh cilantro, 1 lime, 1 jalapeño, salt (you can also buy this pre-made)
8. Cholula hot sauce
9. Garnish with fresh cilantro
10. Kosher salt
11. Black pepper
12. Adobo seasoning
13. Cajun seasoning
14. Extra virgin olive oil
1. First, grab a serving bowl.
2. Chop up the lettuce and add it to the bowl.
3. Add 3 TBSPS of your pico de gallo that you bought to the bowl or the one you made. To make it, finely dice the medium tomato, ¼ onion, 1 jalapeño (or half if you don't want it too spicy), and 1 TBSP of fresh cilantro. Squeeze on 1 lime, add salt to your liking. Mix well, add to the bowl and save the rest for later.
4. Now, medium chop up ½ an avocado and add to the bowl.
5. Next, grab your can of white kidney beans, drain and rinse them well.
6. Grab a small frying pan, add 1-2 TBSPs of extra virgin olive oil and once it shimmers, add the kidney beans. Add salt and black pepper to your liking and let them sauté on medium heat for up to 10 minutes.
7. While they're cooking, grab a small pot, add 1 TBSP of olive oil and once it shimmers, add 1 cup of white rice. Stir well.
8. Pour in 2 cups of boiled water and don't stir. Salt well and cover the pot. Once the rice has soaked up the water and you don't see anymore water, take it off the stove and let it cool.
9. Now, grab a large frying pan, add in 2 TBSPS of olive oil and once it shimmers add in your ground turkey. Break it up well with a spatula and season well with cajun seasoning and adobo. Be generous. Let it sauté for up to 8-10 minutes. Once it turns lightly brown it's ready to be served.
10. Have some fresh cilantro ready to garnish your bowl with and the 2 mini bell peppers chopped in rounds.
11. Now, in that serving bowl from earlier, add ¼ cup of ground turkey, ¼ cup of rice or less, and ¼ cup of kidney beans.
12. Add the mini bell pepper rounds and garnish with fresh cilantro.
13. Top with the juice of ½ lime and hot sauce to your liking.
Save the rest of your food for the next day, you are going to be so happy with your leftovers!