Okay, I KNOW some of you are going to come for me and my hard boiled eggs. But, I'm sorry - as an Arab hard boiled egg pita wraps were a huge part of my childhood and this is my take on it. Do not knock it until you try it. The hard boiled eggs are mashed in with olive oil, salt, black pepper, zaatar, green onion, and parsley - it is such a flavorful combo and that weird hard boiled egg flavor is not noticeable at all! You get to enjoy the flavors of the zaatar, parsley, radish, and arugula over the eggs. This sandwich makes for such a fun and different way to enjoy eggs in the morning. You have your vegetarian source of protein, vegetable source, healthy fats, and dietary fiber ALL in one sandwich. To my Arabs out here who want to make this sandwich inside a pita instead - please go for it! Both the sourdough and the pita will both be delicious ways to enjoy the egg sandwich.
Prep time: 12 minutes (you can prep all the ingredients during the time the eggs are boiling)
Total time: 15 minutes
This recipe is dairy free and vegetarian.
1. 2 eggs
2. 2 slices of sourdough bread
3. ½ radish chopped into thin rounds
4. ½ avocado mashed
5. Handful of arugula
6. 1 green onion finely diced
7. Fresh parsley finely diced
8. Extra virgin olive oil
9. Salt, black pepper, zaatar
1. First, grab a small pot and boil two eggs. All you have to do is fill the pot up with water and make sure the eggs are fully submerged into the pot. Let them boil on high heat for up to 12 minutes.
2. In the meantime, toast your two slices of bread and prepare the radish, avocado, green onion, and parsley. You'll need like 1 TBSP of finely diced parsley.
3. Let's put it all together: gently peel the hard boiled eggs and mash them into a bowl. Pour on ½ TBSP of olive oil, add ¼ TSP of zaatar, and add salt & black pepper to taste. Add in the green onion and parsley in and mix well. Leave this to the side.
Grab a plate and add on one slice of toast. Add the mashed avocado onto the toast. Add a dash of salt. Now, layer on the arugula. Next, gently add on the egg mix. Some will fall off but most of the egg will stay in the sandwich I promise. Then, layer on the radish slices. Season with a bit more zaatar. Finally top with the other piece of toast.