To start off, dates are a huge part of the Middle Eastern culture. No matter what MENA country you're from, eating dates is a key ingredient in our daily lives. They are packed full of antioxidants and dietary fiber. They are nature's dessert and it's so easy to incorporate them into your life. Let me show you one way to eat them.
Yields: 9 stuffed dates
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 35 minutes
This recipe is dairy free, gluten free, vegetarian, and vegan.
1. 1 cup of dry roasted unsalted hazelnuts
2. 1 TSP of kosher salt
4. 1/4 cup of brown sugar
5. 9 dates (or more if you’d like)
1. First, grab your dates and cut a slit into each in order to have room to stuff them. Make sure to pit them first.
2. Next, grab a blender or food processor and add in your cup of hazelnuts. Add in 1 TSP of salt and a ¼ cup of brown sugar.
3. Blend well on low and then increase the speed after the first minute or so. Make sure to scrap down the sides and keep blending until it’s a creamy texture.
4. Add the hazelnut butter into the dates and put them in the fridge to harden for 10-15 minutes.