Okay so the day I made these, I had dreamt about them the night before. I woke up craving breakfast tacos, so I came up with this recipe! It's a delicious, spicy, and vegetarian way to start your day. Eggs, red kidney beans, arugula, avocado, and a dash of jalapeño pepper hot sauce, and you've just created a nutritious, balanced meal in under 10 minutes. If you're in a hurry to get the work or school, you can pack these up in a Tupperware, and take them to go, which is a huge plus! So, if you like the sound of these breakfast tacos, keep reading for the full recipe.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Total time: 10 minutes
This recipe is dairy free, gluten free, and vegetarian.
1. 2 corn tortillas
2. 2 eggs
3. ½ avocado
4. ½ cup of red kidney beans pre-cooked and washed
6. Jalapeño pepper sauce from Trader Joe's (or any hot sauce you like, even sriracha works)
8. Freshly ground black pepper
9. Extra virgin olive oil
10. Optional: cherry tomatoes on the side
1. First, grab a plate. Have two corn tortillas slightly warmed up. I used my toaster oven to do this.
2. Now, grab a small frying pan and scramble two eggs to your liking. I seasoned the eggs with salt and black pepper. When you're done, leave them on the side.
3. In that same frying pan, sauté ¼ cup of red kidney beans on high heat until they soften.
4. Leave them on the side.
5. Now we are going to build the breakfast tacos: add arugula to each corn tortilla, then evenly distribute the 2 eggs and red kidney beans onto each tortilla.
6. Have several slices of avocado ready to top each corn tortilla.
7. Drizzle on your jalapeño pepper hot sauce or your hot sauce of choice.
8. Optional: chop up 5-8 cherry tomatoes as a side.