Today, I present to you, my Hot Honey Tahini Glazed Carrots. These carrots are delectable and so heartwarming. I included them in my "Ramadan Recipe" series because every dinner spread needs a good vegetable side dish and these are IT.
You are going to need petite carrots, hot honey, tahini, Aleppo pepper, garlic powder, dried oregano, and fresh parsley. I know I will get questions about the dried oregano since it's labeled "Arab oregano". It's just more pungent than Italian oregano and if you don't have it you can opt out of using it! It will not ruin the recipe. So, without further a do, let's get to the recipe!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
This recipe is dairy free, gluten free, vegetarian, and vegan.
1. 1 bag of multicolored carrots
2. 2 TBSPs tahini
3. 1 ½ TBSP Mike's hot honey
4. Extra virgin olive oil
6. Aleppo pepper, garlic powder, Arab oregano (optional)
5. Garnish with freshly chopped parsley
1. First, preheat your top oven to 425. Next, grab a baking pan and spread on aluminum foil onto it.
2. Now, grab your carrots, wash them, and peel the skin off all the carrots (if they have skin). Place them onto the baking pan.
3. Now slice each carrot in half vertically. Drizzle about 1-2 TBSPS of extra virgin olive oil onto the carrots. Season with salt, garlic powder, Aleppo pepper, and oregano.
4. Roast carrots for 15 minutes then gently turn them and allow them to continue roasting until golden at the edges. They may need 10-15 more minutes.
5. As you wait, prepare your sauce. In a bowl, whisk together olive oil oil, tahini, salt, and 1 tablespoon water until smooth. Whisk in 1 to 2 more tablespoons water until you have a thick consistency, but pourable sauce. Taste test for salt. Add more if need be.
6. Once carrots are ready, choose serving dish and add them on.
7. Drizzle tahini glaze. Garnish with fresh parsley.