Because my dairy free friends should be able to enjoy a delicious flatbread as well! This is my highly nutritious and simple Hummus & Veggie Flatbread.
This flatbread can be enjoyed any time of the day. In the morning paired with eggs or chicken sausage, for lunch paired with a side salad, or for a quick dinner paired with any lean protein and extra veggies.
The whole grain naan, hummus, mushrooms, kalamata olives, arugula, zaatar, and red pepper flakes are such a delightful combo of ingredients and all provide nutrients you may not normally get in a daily meal. This is a great vegetarian meal that ensures you get your daily source of iron, vitamin D, and calcium in!
The hummus can be homemade using my authentic Syrian hummus recipe that is on my blog or you can save yourself time and buy it from the store. But if you want a more authentic one, I highly recommend making it yourself and saving the rest for later use!
So if I've convinced you enough, let me show you how to make it!
Prep time: 5 minutes (if the hummus has been prepared)
Total time: 15 minutes
This recipe is vegetarian. (The dairy is in the naan)
1. 1 naan (I chose whole grain)
2. Hummus (follow my recipe to make it homemade! Unless you want to make it a quicker process and used store bought)
3. 3-4 baby bella mushrooms, sliced in thin halves
4. 3 kalamata olives, sliced into thin rounds
6. Zaatar, red pepper flakes, salt
7. Extra virgin olive oil
1. First, preheat the oven to 375 bake.
2. Grab a piece of naan and spread on the hummus.
3. Add on arugula. Layer on the mushrooms.
4. Drizzle olive oil to coat the naan and season with zaatar, red pepper flakes, and salt to your liking. Go easy on the red pepper flakes, you only need a dash.
5. Bake in the oven for about 10 minutes or until the naan is crispy. You don't want the arugula to burn.
6. Take the naan out and allow it to cool for 5 minutes. Add on the kalamata olives and drizzle on a bit more olive oil.
7. Add salt and zaatar if you'd like. Slice into four pieces and enjoy!